Senior site reliability engineer – Healthcare
Breukelen • 40u
Do you like the technical challenge of running a large mission critical healthcare platform? How about working on a modern microservices platform, where we deploy multiple times per day? Taking ownership with your team to prepare our platform for growth and future challenges, while making sure the platform remains up-to-date and available?
At ZorgDomein we match healthcare supply and demand in innovative ways. Our platform is used by general practitioners to refer patients to healthcare suppliers like hospitals or diagnostics laboratories. The Reliability team supports the ZorgDomein development teams in running a platform which improves lives of hospital workers, medical professionals, and healthcare consumers.
Your job is to develop and maintain scaleable, safe and reliable systems. Your job is to:
- Select, setup and expand infrastructure and tools: We use AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Be aware of security concerns, and pragmatically decide and develop solutions
- Plan, direct and automate updates and changes to a high available platform
- Work with development teams, to setup examples and tooling and guide them to help themselves
- Support and promote Continuous Delivery practices through our CI/CD pipeline
- Setup and use observability tooling, to enable full insight at any level
- Debug and analyze issues until you understand root causes
Who we are
We are ZorgDomein, the independent platform for bringing together healthcare supply and demand in the Netherlands. We facilitate referrers and patients to choose the most appropriate care and give them control over the process. We digitally connect patients, referrers and healthcare providers, enabling secure information exchange and close collaboration between healthcare professionals.
Almost all general practitioners, hospitals, independent clinics and laboratories use our platform, as do many mental health care institutions, nursing and care homes, home care institutions, municipalities, paramedics and independent professionals. In 2020, 14 million referrals and diagnostics requests with associated data exchange were made via ZorgDomein, for more than 6 million individual patients.
As a successful Dutch tech company and market leader in digital data exchange within healthcare, we find ourselves in a challenging work environment. The medical world is complex with a great potential for technological innovations and where security and reliability of data transfer are key.
We look for a mindset that includes:
- You prefer infrastructure as code, and don’t like to do things manually
- You like api’s, automation and Cloud native computing
- You have a pragmatic approach to becoming future proof
- You believe in DevOps practices enabling Autonomous teams
- You are curious about how things work, and how to improve them
- You understand the principles of Site Reliability Engineering
- You have in depth knowledge of running high available production platforms
- You like to finish things
- You prefer transparency and shared decision making
- You can reason at a high level of abstraction, which is shown through education and work experience
- 5-7 years practical experience of running production platform with cloud tooling
- Knowledge and affinity with (most of) our tooling: AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus, ELK, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Helm, ArgoCD, Ansible, Jenkins
- Engineering mindset with experience writing your own infrastructure tooling in a modern programming language
- Feeling with modern software development, Agile, Scala, JVM, NodeJS, Angular
How we work
The reliability team is responsible for the infrastructure and the services, the development teams use for building, testing, deploying and monitoring our platform. We prefer to roll out solutions quickly to get early feedback and improve them in small steps.
We prefer open discussions, lots of room for initiative and research, get to the best solution together. We do believe in sharing responsibility, and we connect often with other teams to make sure ZorgDomein delivers the best result. We trust you to take full ownership of our platform.
What we offer
- Full-time position (40 hours) with societal impact
- Competitive salary and pension plan
- Young and informal organization with a passion for healthcare
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Role in a small team with responsibility and room for own initiatives
- Possibilities for personal development and attending training courses at our expense
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Travel allowance for commuting to work, when we return to the office
- Beautiful work location in Breukelen on the river Vecht
If you are interested in this position, please share your resume and a short motivation with us by the form below.
For questions contact Robina Schouten 06-12974560
Reactions from recruiters based on this vacancy are not appreciated.