ZorgDomein assists caregivers in finding, selecting, and arranging care. To this end, we connect healthcare professionals with each other and their patients on our platform. ZorgDomein is committed to continuously improving its platform through the smart use of data.
We are looking for a data engineer to expand our Data and Analytics team to support the further growth and development of our platform.
Who we are
We are ZorgDomein, the independent platform for bringing together healthcare supply and demand. We facilitate referrers and patients to choose the most appropriate care and give them control over the process. We digitally connect patients, referrers, and healthcare providers, enabling secure information exchange and close collaboration between healthcare professionals.
Almost all general practitioners, hospitals, independent clinics, and laboratories use our platform, as do many mental health care institutions, nursing and care homes, home care institutions, municipalities, paramedics, and independent professionals. In 2020, 14 million referrals and diagnostics requests with associated data exchange were made via ZorgDomein, for more than 6 million individual patients.
As a successful tech company and market leader in digital data exchange within healthcare, we find ourselves in a challenging work environment. The medical world is complex with a great potential for technological innovations and where security and reliability of data transfer are key.
As a data engineer, you will help ZorgDomein realize its vision to be the best healthcare matcher in the world. ZorgDomein processes a wealth of data, such as referrers’ choices for healthcare products and waiting times for appointments. ZorgDomein is therefore uniquely positioned to offer a transparent overview of the best available care options to both patients and referrers.
As a member of our Data and Analytics team you will contribute to the optimal use of internal and external data sources to support product improvement and platform growth. You will not only work closely with data scientists and analysts to ensure that all data is available and in the right format, but also contribute to automated solutions to provide models and analyses as input to other software components. Additionally, you will work closely with various tech teams towards a healthy event-driven data streaming implementation on the ZorgDomein platform.
What we expect from you
- A bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science
- At least three years of work experience as a data engineer
- A proven experience with AWS (e.g. Glue, Lambda), Kafka and Spark
- Experience in building large-scale, distributed, batch and streaming data pipelines
- Well-versed in RDBMS, SQL, ETL/ELT
- Proven experience with general purpose programming languages, in particular Scala
- A love for coding, data wrangling and solving ambitious problems
- Work experience with agile, iterative development, estimation, scoping and prioritization
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What we offer
- Full-time position (40 hours) with societal impact
- Competitive salary and pension plan
- Young and informal organization with a passion for healthcare
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Role in a small team with responsibility and room for own initiatives
- Possibilities for personal development and attending training courses at our expense
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Beautiful work location in Breukelen on the river Vecht
If you are interested in this position, please share your resume and a short motivation with us by the form below.
For questions contact Robina Schouten 06-12974560